When do I need to service my Kia?
In order to prolong your Kia vehicle's life in Canada's "severe weather" climate, recommended service should take place at every 6,000 km or every 6 months, or as indicated in the 'Severe Weather Schedule' in your owner's manual. Check below for our suggested maintenance intervals. Please consult your service advisor for details for specific models such as Forte, Sportage, Rio, Soul and Sorento.
Recommended Maintenance Intervals
* If equipped: In addition to the Kia Motors Factory Recommended Service intervals listed above, your Kia may require additional time/mileage sensitive maintenance such as the replacement of vital fluids, filters, belts, and spark plugs. Please consult your Kia service advisor and vehicle owner's manual for complete details.
Service 2 plus...
- Service front brakes
- Service rear brakes, including park brake adjustment
- Service battery terminals & provide 'State-Of-Health' print-out
- Inspect drive belt(s) - condition & tension
- Inspect vacuum & crankcase ventilation hoses
- Inspect condition of ignition system
- Check drive shafts and boots for leaks
Service 1 plus...
- Inspect Cabin Air Filter & service HVAC case
- Remove & rotate tires
- Inspect brake system for proper operation, check pad/shoe thickness, inspect calipers/wheel cylinders for proper operation, leaks or damage
- Adjust parking brake if required
- Add Kia Pro-Series Fuel Injection System Treatment
- Inspect engine coolant level & condition, visually inspect system for leaks
- Inspect transmission fluid & top-up if necessary
- Lubricate door weatherstrips
- Roadtest vehicle
Service 3 plus...
- Replace engine coolant
- Replace engine air filter
- Replace fuel tank air filter*
- Inspect fuel liens, fuel hoses, and connections
- Inspect complete emission system including all lines, hoses, and fuel filler cap
- Inspect complete exhaust system - manifolds, pipes, catalytic converters, and muffler
- Inspect suspension components including chocks, struts, links, & bushings
- Inspect steering gear, linkage, boots, and lower-arm balljoints
- Inspect power steering pump and hoses
- Inspect transfer case and rear differential fluid levels (AWD models only)
- Inspect all seatbelts and anchor integrity
Take advantage of Kia Factory Trained Technicians and Genuine Kia parts! Book Our Service today!
- Wheel Alignment Check 12 months
- Major Fuel Induction Service 16 months / 36,000 km
- Replace Brake Fluid 36 months / 72,000 km
- Replace Power Steering Fluid 36 months / 36,000 km
- AWD Service (Replace Transfer Case & Rear Differential Fluids) 40 months / 80,000 km*
- Replace Auto/Manual Transmission Fluid 48 months / 48,000 km
- Replace Spark Plugs (Regular) 24 months / 48,000 km
- Replace Spark Plugs (Platinum) 48 months / 96,000 km
- Service Spark Plugs (Tridium) 48 months / 96,000 km
- Replace Fuel Filter 30 months / 60,000 km
- Replace Timing Belt 48 months / 96,000 km
- Inspect Valve Clearance 48 months / 96,000 km